Spaghetti with tomato sauce can get old quick. Here’s an alternative meal with simple ingredients that you can whip up in no time:
Recipe: Cheese Broiled Tomatoes on Spaghetti
- 1 box of spaghetti (I used whole wheat above)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup of fresh basil (I substituted with ¼ cup of dried basil)
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain the water when the pasta is cooked but still firm when you bite it.
- Heat your broiler, and cut tomatoes into 4 thick slices (12 slices total).
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, mozzarella, and Parmesan evenly over slices.
- Broil tomato slices for about 5 minutes.
- Warm olive oil with garlic and red pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Combine the garlic oil and basil to the pasta.
- Put your tomatoes on top along with some additional basil and Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!